Welcome to Speedworld RC Flyers!
We are a club that enjoys building and flying radio contolled model aircraft. Our club airport is located a few miles northwest of Surprise, AZ. We are part of the former Speedworld complex and have been active there since 1986. If you have an interest in model airplanes, come out to our airfield and check us out. Visitors are always welcome. Please view the About Us page on this web site for general club information, including membership.
What's New . . .
- Get your warbirds ready for our 11th Annual Ocktober Warbird Race coming up October 18, 2014. The CD is Jerry Widmer again this year and you can read his Event Flyer here.
- Remember to vote on the pylon race issue by October 7, 2014. A YES vote means you are in favor of the club continuing to sponser four annual pylon race events, a source of much needed revenue to improve and maintain our airfield; plus you agree to be either a race contestant or a race worker during these events. Failure to vote is the same as a NO vote...a big zero. Here is the link to Bob Baratko's email detailing this Race Issue.
- Here is some recent news on the FAA backdoor directive governing model airplanes.
- The Desert Hawks RC Club of Lake Havasu City announces their 29th Annual London Bridge Seaplane Classic Float Fly on November 7, 8 & 9, 2014. For more information see their Event Page .
- Check out the For Sale page occasionally...might be a plane you need and you can see how easy it is to list a plane for sale.
- We have updated membership forms, one for new members and one for current members. You can view and/or download them from the About Us page in the Membership section.