Welcome to Speedworld RC Flyers!
We are a club that enjoys building and flying radio contolled model aircraft. Our club airport is located a few miles northwest of Surprise, AZ. We are part of the former Speedworld complex and have been active there since 1986. If you have an interest in model airplanes, come out to our airfield and check us out. Visitors are always welcome. Please view the About Us page on this web site for more membership information.
The Speedworld RC Flyers field is now open for flying.
What's New . . .
- The next scheduled regular meeting for Speedworld R/C Flyers is Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 7:15 pm. See Club Events for directions.
- Plans for a three day Jet Rally, to be held on February 6-8, 2014, are being finalized. Details will be published on the Club Events page when they become available.
- The Club Bylaws, as amended November 12, 1013, are listed on the Members Only page./li>
- The club picnic, celebrating our field reopening, was well attended by our members and their families with a lot of fun fly action. We also discovered that the old potluck picnic tradition is alive and well here in the West Valley.
- We now have plans for holding four pylon races races next year. Check the Club Events for dates, schedules and detailed information.
- We especially thank those in the Arizona Land Department who took the time to advise and review our permit application for a tiny tract of land out of the thousands of acres under their overall management. We intend to honor our commitment for conservation and stewardship of the land that our club is allowed to use.
- You can read the Special Land Use Permit (SLUP) that our club received from the State of Arizona in the Members Only page. This document is a necessary requirement for the continued use of State owned land by our Club.
- We suggest using Internet Explorer to access the Members Only web page. After entering the user name and password, check the box for 'Remember my credentials' and it will.